Administration is what we call the editing application, which allows administrators of the eshop or systems editors to administer, edit, add and display the data saved. This application allows administrators to edit the data directly, without the need for external programmers or help from colleagues. The prepared data editors and individual forms have been created to allow all users to administer their own data in a simple way, even if they have no experience of programming or website creation.
The administration application includes various levels of access, with each level offering different possibilities and different functionality, according to the type of function. The levels of access are as follows:
- Administrator - editor on the side of the customer, who is usually someone who is responsible for filling in data and dealing with orders.
- Trader - salesperson in the eshop, who demonstrates what the eshop can do to the customer.
- Superadmin - programmer, who visits the eshop, sets up, edits, adds functionality and deals with all changes to the eshop.
Logging on to administration
Logging on to administration is carried out by entering the user name and user password. Log on details will be passed on to the eshop administrator after creating a test version of the eshop, so that all of the functions can be tried and tested before the final version of the eshop is activated. This testing will allow the administrator to get to know the system.
- This allows the administration users to change their own password. For example, if the administrator thinks that the password has been revealed, or if the password given by the eshop programmer is not suitable.
- After finishing work in the eshop, it is necessary to log out, for reasons of security and data protection. In the case of not logging out or closing all windows or panels of the browser, the administrator will remain logged on and this situation could be abused.
- The division section allows the eshop administrator to create, edit and delete individual categories of goods and to actualise the tree of categories. Then the goods in the eshop can be placed into individual categories, each item can be included in more than one category.
Definition of division.
- Editor of individual divisions of the eshop, in a tree structure. In each division the actual description of the division can be entered at the same time as descriptions which are used for SEO optimalization. This is used to enter key words and ensure the pages have a better position in the browsers. For each division the SEO elements can be set separately (title, descriptions, keywords, headings H1), as well as a VIP discount and a seller’s discount.
Assignment of pictures
- This allows a picture to be uploaded to each division. This picture is shown when the division is opened and such use of graphic elements makes the eshop more attractive for customers.
- The variant section editor is used to create sections for individual variants, so that work with them is simpler and clearer. The creation of sections simplifies working with variants, as it is not necessary to assign each variant to each division, but only to assign the section variant. Then it is possible to set the choice of individual variants for each product in that division.
- The editor for each variant is used to create elements which give extra information on the characteristics of the product (colour, size, flavour etc). These variants are then used to identify each type of goods. When editing the individual types of goods, the price (additional charge, discount) is added to the chosen variant, when it is put in the shopping basket. Then it is possible to configure the main product on the basis of the assigned variants. This method of variants then allows customers to define the goods according to their requirements and needs.
Chair with a wheel base Equipped with armrests - blue cover - water-proved cover - brown leatherette with chrome armrests - leather - leatherette - cover with design
T-shirt with Print blue - S - L - XL green - L - XL - XXL
Protein 70% 1000g - chocolate - vanilla - strawberry 1500g - chocolate - vanilla - strawberry
Assignment of variants
- The variants section can be assigned to each division, which then allows details of the product to be chosen, and a price to be set. This can then increase or decrease the price of the goods. However, this only works for the division where the goods are displayed as main products. By clicking on each section variant and setting the sequence (the sequence should be numbered in multiples of 10, so that other important sections can be added between the existing section variants in the future without having to renumber all the sections), only the section variants which are relevant to that section are defined.
- Properties editor for each type of goods. In this section it is possible to create, modify and delete pre-defined properties, which can then be assigned to each category of goods. The entered values for the detailed properties of the goods are then shown to the customers in the details of the goods as the technical specification.
Specs Size Measuring Unit width 60 cm height 40 cm depth 41 cm material solid pine outside finish clear lacquer or (extra cost) choice of stains warranty 24 months
- Each selection can have special properties added to them in a box specifying details of goods, as long as each item (goods) is set up that way. To set it up that way just click it off and also set up its individual sequence (do this in multiple of 10 so in future more things could be added in between without having to re-number everything) to specify characteristics/properties for each item (goods).
- Search for goods - allows the administrator to search for goods according to the search criteria.
- News - displays a list of goods which are marked as new.
- Special offers on goods - list of goods with special offers.
- Sale goods - shows a list of discounted goods.
- Best-selling goods - list of the best-selling goods.
- Hidden goods - this allows some goods to be temporarily hidden, for example when they are out of stock or stock levels are too low.
- Deleted goods - list of deleted goods (which stays in the database, in case it is connected to future orders).
New goods / Detail of goods.
- 'Definition of goods
- The basic information on the goods issued to identify them and describe them. Here the administrator sets the name of the product, its place in the sequence in the main menu and the catalogue number from their own price list, a short description which is shown in the catalogue or a detailed description of the goods, which can be supplemented by formatting using a Wysiwyg editor and which is shown in the detail of the goods. The other parameters which are set for the goods are the Producer, Supplier, Unit of measurement, Availability, Weight and Number of items in stock.
- The price of the goods allows the eshop administrator to set the individual prices of goods and the amount of VAT. Also the price for each section variant, so that it is not necessary to enter the price of each variant individually. In the case that the price in the eshop is lower than the high street price or in other eshops, a regular price can be displayed to show customers that the price in this eshop is lower than at other retailers.
- Setting the delivery variant to specify the method of delivery for the goods in the shopping basket is used when the delivery price is calculated according to these parameters. The parameters are currently: Promotion, Free delivery, Large parcel, Cheaper delivery.
- Select the division for the goods - is a tool for eshop administrators, which allows them to place individual products into one or more divisions. The main information for any product is its main division. The main division has assigned variants and properties in the bookmarks Variants and Properties. It is also possible to set up an infinite number of linked divisions for a product, in which the edited goods will also be shown.
- Properties - editor for the properties of the goods, by entering the values each property will be saved and then shown in the detail of the goods as the technical specification of the goods.
- Variants - setting the individual variants of the product. The individual variants can be entered in a panel, and their prices set according to the prices in the catalogue.
- Photography - editor for photographs of the goods. Each photo gallery contains a main photo which is shown in the catalogue of goods and also as a detailed photo in the detail of the goods. It is also possible to move, change, enter or delete all photos at will.
- Promotion - the editor for promotion goods, sets the duration of the promotion, price and description of the promotion, which informs the customer why the promotion is running.
- Files - editor for files on the goods, up to 5 files which are linked to that product (such as manuals, detailed technical specifications, assembly instructions etc) can be added.
- Assignment - the assignment editor can be set for each product to display accessories, recommended goods, and alternative products, which are then displayed in the detail of the given product. All of these possibilities offer the customer more buying opportunities and they can also be directed towards further potential purchases.
- Set, package - creates sets of goods, so that it is possible to order a whole set of furniture from the same series. It is also possible to set it so that the goods are only sold as complete sets.
- 'Definition of goods
- The producer editor creates, edits and deletes producers from the list, which is set up in the detail of the goods.
- The supplier editor creates, edits and deletes suppliers from the list, which is set up in the detail of the goods.
- Editor of availability which is displayed in the detail of the goods, or availability as an XML file for zbozi.cz
- Tool for setting the level of VAT, in the case that some of the goods are subject to different sales tax levels.
Change all prices
- Tool for changing all prices of goods. Price changes (discounts, increases) for individual goods on the basis of selecting divisions, or producer, or an entered keyword.
Structure of editing system
Structure of editing system.
- An editing system can be attached to every eshop, or it is possible to set up an editing system independently of the eshop. The editing system allows for the creation of a tree structure of articles (which can be edited independently) and which provide the necessary information for all customers. In this system we can use the dynamic upper menu, to which the eshop administrator can enter data according to the needs of the eshop. The editing system allows multi-level insertion of individual articles. The individual sections of the editing system can be edited, deleted and SEO elements (title, description, keywords, heading H1) added to them.
Dynamic web pages
The individual sections of the dynamic pages allow the administrator to actively change the content of the entire eshop. All editors are programmed according to the requirements of the individual clients who have tested them in their eshops and editing systems.
- The article editor allows the entry, editing and deletion of articles. The article editor contains the Wysiwyg editor, which allows advanced formatting of articles without the need for programming knowledge.
- The photo gallery editor serves to display photos to present the products, shops, reference customers and other important photos which the administrator wants to use to attract customers. In each photo gallery a main photo is designated. This is then displayed in the menu of photo galleries as the initial photo. It is also possible to move, change, enter or delete all photos at will.
- The interesting links editor allows links to partner websites to be displayed, and also serves to support SEO optimalization.
- The downloadable files editor allows individual customers to download available files. These files could include terms of contract, guarantee conditions, certificates, forms and other files.
Offer bar (Carousel)
- The offer bar editor presents the goods on offer in a dynamic Carousel. When the customers click on each offer, it takes them to the product details, or to the page with the inserted link (e.g. articles, newspaper article, divisions etc).
- The static text editor works with the content of the home page or the left and right sections of the web. These texts are usually constant, or not changed very often.
- The opinion poll editor allows the creation and administration of opinion polls and their questions and replies.
- Facebook - edits comments from individual commentators from Facebook, who have commented on the goods in the eshop, or on articles or the static content of the web pages. All of the comments saved in the eshop are displayed in one place and the this allows the administrator an easy way of replying to individual questions or comments and remain in close contact with the customers.
- Eshop - the eshop comments editor (not connected to Facebook) only displays comments on the eshop. It is possible to reply, edit and also delete them.
- List of registered and non-registered customers, with possibilities for editing or deleting. The summary displays the total sum that each customer has spent on all orders. It is also possible to set up groups of customers, who are entitled to discounts offered to individual groups of customers.
Groups of customers
- Editor for groups of customers and their discounts. The discount is determined by the price limit and then by the percentage discount.
- Order search simplifies working with all orders by allowing orders to be searched according to many parameters on the order form (Order ID, User ID, Term, E-mail, Date, Status).
- Order exports are created for the creation of special sets, and also allow the export of individual orders to Excel. Only the orders which have the checkbox in the last column ticked are exported. The export formats which are supported at the moment are: Excel, Česká pošta - Podání on-line (CSV)(Czech Post Office -Posting on.line) and PPL - podání on-line (CSV) (PPL parcel service - Check in on-line).
- List of saved orders with possibilities to edit and delete each order. All entries on the order form are editable, so it is possible to add more goods to the order, or even remove an item from the order. Every order can be transferred to an invoice in PDF, which then serves the customer as a tax receipt.
- The shipping editor allows the different types of delivery used by the eshop to be set up, as well as editing and deleting. The different shipping methods are then displayed in the shopping basket when the shipping cost is set on the basis of the total cost of the ordered goods, according to the given parameters in the editor (Limit from, Limit to).
- In the payment editor it is possible to set up and offer the customers a variety of methods of payment, so that they can choose which method suits them best. It is also possible to set up a payment fee for each option.
- The order status editor is set up to mark individual orders and make the administrator’s orientation between the orders easier. Every eshop administrator can check the status of individual orders, sort them and search them on the basis of status. Each status is assigned a colour which highlights the individual orders in the order list.
- This is a dynamic section, which changes according to the needs of the customers and administration users. This section contains a variety of settings which allow each administrator of the eshop to make changes.
- Adding a watermark picture and ticking the status checkbox, will set up the possibility of adding a watermark to every photo in all photo galleries. The watermark picture must be transparent and of a suitable size so it fits on all the posted photographs.
Mailing service for all customers, or for selected groups of customers. This allows the eshop administrators to send e-mails with promotions, advertising campaigns and other messages, such as a change of address to customers. The Wysiwyg editor which Mailing contains allows the sender of e-mails to format the text, so that it is interesting for the customers, and to highlight important information.
Language mutations (only with language mutation support)
Bookmarks for language mutations allow users of the eshop to display, add and edit data in various languages. It can also be used to sell and promote goods for overseas customers. The number of language mutations is unlimited. With the support of language mutations, it is also possible to set the possibility of pricing in different currencies.